In December and January I spent a decent amount of time in Canada. First was a trip to Edmonton where I learned how fantastic heating parking garages are. January was a short vacation in Montreal. A friend of mine studies at McGill so I went up for a visit. While there I climbed Mont Royal, explored the old city, saw some amazing churches, ate at Schwartz’s, saw some fireworks, and in general had a lovely time. The city oozes charm.
While in Canada I made a few observations:
- DVR’s are called PVR’s (Personal Video Recorder)
- Straws are narrower in diameter (possibly because free refills are not as common?)
- They have Aerobars which are my favorite candy bar
- Cott’s Black Cherry Soda is amazing
- Lifesavers are better there (future blog post)